Who we are
We are radically simple destination for industry-tailored commercial insurance. Our mission is to make it radically easier for businesses to get the right coverage at the best price. With a technology-first, customer-centric approach, we are changing how businesses protect themselves, their staff, and their customers. We have to date raised over $150M in funding from leading fintech investors.
The value of this position
We’re looking for an experienced director of product management to develop and grow a full suite of insurtech products and services spanning various verticals. This role will be responsible for defining our product vision and strategy for our applications and growing and mentoring a team of highly motivated product managers. This role will evangelize and employ design thinking practices to help deliver magical experiences for our customers.
What you will own in this role
- Represent a portfolio of products at the top level of the organization
- Partner closely across the organization to identify new product concepts articulating how they will drive value for customers and the organization and differentiate us in the marketplace
- Continuously assess the performance of products within the portfolio and identify any areas where the cost of a product is higher than the value generated with recommendations on the next steps
- Model adaptability by encouraging continuous evolution to product portfolio considering industry trends, emerging solutions, new insights, and changing customer and business needs
- Ensure the product team is leveraging design thinking, systems thinking, and agile best practices as part of the product life cycle
- Translate portfolio vision into a 9-12-month strategic portfolio roadmap mapped to outcomes and value creation
- Identify product portfolio level OKRs that align product team efforts and adjust/refine products as defined by our OKRs and customer needs.
- Proactive partner with engineering leaders to define an architecture that enables and ensures products are secure, resilient, performant, and scalable that solve real customer and business problems.
- Lead a team of 6 product managers with the potential to scale the team further.
- Nurture, develop, and coach product managers in current product and design processes
The experience we believe is the right fit
- 10+ years’ experience in product leadership positions with a proven record of successfully launching products.
- Design Thinking, Agile, Product Led Growth, and Portfolio Management experience required
- Minimum 5+ years of managerial experience in leading teams and developing strong contributors.
- The candidate has proven experience modeling, coaching, and creating great individual contributors rather than just managing from above.
- Successful experience managing and working with distributed teams across multiple time zones and adapting project management frameworks to team capabilities and business requirements
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative data to inform design decisions and drive change
- Experience collaboration with both technical and business stakeholders
- Familiar with organizational transformation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience in a relevant discipline(s).